Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Field Work

Our cohorts finally found out what grade and classrooms we are assigned to this semester.

I am in a 6th and 7th grade math class.  I am pleasantly surprised since my concentration was history but since I still have interest in teaching math I am really looking forward to it.

According to our advisory professor, our dress codes are pretty strict:  No jeans, sensible shoes (no high heels, open toed shoes, flip-flops), no short skirts, nothing tight, hair pinned away from face, no distracting makeup or jewelry. 

I don't know what I am going to wear.  I have two Old Navy Rockstar jeans I wear on heavy rotation throughout the week for work and school but that's obviously out.  (Which is too bad since they are SO comfortable).  I have few colorful pants I am hoping I can get away with but not sure if they are considered sensible.

Also, I googled my Cooperating Teacher and she seems awesome.  I won't go too much into details for obvious reasons but she seems like a great teacher to shadow and I expect to learn a great deal on teaching of mathematics from her.

My cohorts and I are really excited.  What I am not excited about it waking up at 6 am tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...